Join Our Team
CGCN Group is looking for a candidate to join its strategic communications team as a Vice President. Ideal candidates should have at least 5-7 years of experience in communications or a related field.
Daily tasks will include the following: executing day-to-day project activities on behalf of client accounts; drafting press releases, advisories, analysis-based memos, op-eds, blog posts, talking points, social media content and other written materials; building and/or managing press lists; conducting online research; compiling and/or monitoring daily clips; assisting senior staff with executing national and state-wide public affairs campaigns; creating presentations; and other tasks as needed.
The ideal applicant is detail-oriented, highly organized, a strong and quick writer, and someone who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment. This job involves a heavy focus on writing, as well as press relations and account management.
Candidates should have the ability to develop and adapt writing styles based on the client, policy issue, and nature of the assignment. They must have an ability to quickly understand complex issues and have a strong knowledge of — and interest in — politics and public policy.
- Write and draft op-eds, press releases, advisories, talking points, blog posts, social media content, analysis-based memos, statements, and other written materials.
- Conduct research using internal and external sources and write and edit content for a variety of communications channels, including print, web, and digital.
- Maintains strong relationships with media and pitches stories to a variety of publications and reporters.
- Draft press releases, advisories, statements, op-eds, social media posts, op-eds, and more – often on tight timelines.
- Build strategic and targeted media lists & strategies.
- Track press coverage and identify inaccurate or misleading stories.
- Compile and/or monitor daily clips.